Basic Taster Course
Our Basic Taster Course is a great introductory into coffee sensory analysis. During the course students will learn:
- What professional coffee tasting is.
- Why we taste coffee.
- General coffee knowledge.
- Green coffee defects and how to identify them.
- Olfactory sensory (Le Nuz du Cafe)
- Sensory skills (sweet, salt, sour and mixed)
- Cupping skills (using the SCA form and following protocols)
- Triangulation skills (comparative tasting)
At the end of the course, there is a short examination. Upon completing this 1-day course students will be presented with a certificate from The Coffeenery.
Students often utilize our Basic Taster Course in preparation for enrolling in our Q Arabica Courses.